One carrier with a single point of contact!
Irish Ventilation and Filtration,
IVF needed to keep all fixed running cost to a minimum while maintaining high levels of service:
- Wide range of logistical requirements for different types of freight, from fragile filters and filtration products to long lengths of steel
- Customer needed high levels of service with time definite delivery schedule for wide and varied range of products
- Areas to be serviced included, but not limited to, Ireland, UK and mainland Europe
- Service needed to be provided on a variable but competitive cost model
- Firstly, we had to get a complete overview and understanding of not just Irish Ventilations logistical requirements, but also their clients and customers.
- This involved appointing a dedicated Account Manager who would gather and record broad levels of information on the types of freight to be moved, origins, destination and service level, plus any special delivery or handling requirements.
- A comprehensive service level agreement was put in place and circulated to all staff, so that all the logistical needs of IVF and their clients would be met in a fast, efficient and friendly environment.
- Based on long term commitments from both parties, an agreed competitive rating structure was put in place to service the business. This consisted of overnight domestic deliveries, economy and overnight collections to and from the UK, and express European import service.
- Direct access to our online track and trace facilities was given to IVF, allowing both the booking of freight online and the tracking of time sensitive shipments 24/7.
- As the business developed, additional services such as short term warehousing, air freight and custom clearance facilities were availed off.
- The appointment of a dedicated Account Manager ensured that a comprehensive understanding was reached of the customer and their client's requirements, from an early stage.
- This allowed for the planned implementation of open and honest service level agreements, that where communicated at all levels and where both clear and transparent to all involved in the supply chain.
- The commitment from both parties to building a long-term working relationship allowed for the development of a mutually beneficial and honest relationship.
- Provision of set tariffs for the various services allowed IVF to concentrate their efforts on obtaining best value on their product range, whilst at the same time knowing their transport and logistical costs, prior to any purchases or direct sales.
- After more than 20 years working together, in what has been a very honest and transparent relationship, both companies have benefited from becoming leaders in their respective fields.
We operate in a very demanding business sector, supplying HVAC and Filtration equipment to various industries. We are under constant pressure to deliver on time, working to tight schedules. Ace Express Freight have played a large part in our success over the past 25 years, giving us not only an excellent service for both their Import and Overnight National Delivery service, but also good advice on the best / most cost effective way to move the goods. We have dealt with Ace Express Freight since day one, which in itself will tell you that we are highly satisfied with the service provided.
Director and Owner.