From one overnight shipment to over 20 years working together.
- The largest exporter in Ireland had a need for a wide range of service levels to meet the ongoing needs of their international clients.
- They needed urgent and time sensitive shipments, late collection and early delivery.
- Their highly successful manufacturing plant had limited warehouse space to consolidate orders.
- They required tracking of each and every unique shipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- They required simple and cost effective rates card.
- Based on an in depth analysis of Athlone Extrusions and their clients requirements Ace Express Freight were able to put together an efficient and cost effective model that resulted in daily scheduled collection with a late cut off time resulting in no service penalties for the late collections of time sensitive shipments.
- The manufacturing warehouse space issue was dealt with in a fast and efficient manner by providing scheduled daily collections direct from the manufacturing site with a drop and pick trailer service.
- We also provided on site warehouse space beside our cross dock facilities that allowed for stock consolidation and easy access to our nightly export trailer and domestic distribution service.
- We developed bespoke 3D barcodes, enabling each pallet to be scanned at various points throughout the collection and delivery process, thus providing the customer with full traceability for each and every shipment.
- A very simple and highly competitive rate card was developed that resulted in a super-efficient process for the passing of invoices and also reduced and/or eradicated invoice queries to virtually zero.
- Benefit of having a scheduled daily late cut-off time allows the shipper to offer unrivalled levels of service to their clients, without the need to source new solutions on a daily or weekly basis for time sensitive or urgent last minute shipments.
- Having access to both onsite and offsite additional storage removes a lot of issues caused by lack of space, in particular safety and production. It also allows for the ramping up of production prior to holidays or for busier times of the year.
- By partnering together, Ace Express Freight and Athlone Extrusions have taken a longer-term view, for example investment in IT, allowing us to achieve better efficiencies in product tracking and tracing, bringing huge benefits to all concerned in the supply chain.
Athlone Extrusions has been using Ace Express Freight for over 20 years. During that time, they have helped us win new business by providing storage, stock and pick facilities, reliable service and good communication. They implemented an advanced barcode and scanning system that gives us up to the minute information about our orders. Ace Express Freight's biggest asset is their staff, who act as our partners not just our providers. I would have no hesitation in recommending Ace Express Freight to your organisation, be it large or small.
Materials and Logistics Manager.