UK Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Location: Northampton, Leicester and Manchester
To generate and develop new business with both new and existing customers by increasing business across all service channels with a strong emphasis on B2B Sales and advantageous to have previous experience in Irish/UK market. A self-motivated, results driven individual with a proven track record. Entrepreneurial flair and well versed with the ever-changing dynamics of this fast-paced & exciting industry
Schedule weekly appointments with potential customers across the UK and follow through and running of weekly reports on qualified appointments. Manage an allocated customer account list with the view of increasing existing business every quarter, while ensuring a minimum of 85-90% retention rate across their allocated accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To represent the Company in a professional, respectful and courteous manner both internally and externally always.
- To promote the services offered by Ace Express Freight and their global partners to current clients.
- To develop both new and existing business using both current database and other sources (Manifests, sales leads, tradeshows, etc.) for the services supplied by Ace Express Freight and their partners ensuring that all relevant key information is maintained and recovered within CRM.
- Schedule meetings across the UK with potential and existing clients four days per week with a minimum of 20 qualified calls per week.
- Present and deliver completed tenders for suitable qualified business.
- Consistently achieve minimum sales targets as set out by the Head of Sales and/or nominee.
- Source, develop and secure new business opportunities and maintain current customer database on Ace Express CRM system.
- Provide timely information and quotations to prospective clients, while following up on all quotations issued and recording key information.
- Target specific areas, sectors and streams of business for development as required.
- Produce designated reports in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Promote online services to both new and existing customers.
- Assist in the managing and developing of both new and existing clients for both current and new services that are offered by Ace Express Freight.
- Flexibility on assisting (possibly leading) with relevant Company projects, when and if required.
- Third level business/logistics qualification or equivalent industrial experience.
- Full clean driving license.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in business to business sales. Especially a track record with selling to senior management level.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in the freight/logistics industry would be desirable not essential.
- Demonstrated expertise in relationship management and managing customer accounts.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills, negotiation skills and time management skills.
- IT literate and working knowledge/proficiency in Excel, Microsoft word & PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment.
- Strong commercial awareness & numerical skills..
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written & oral.
- Must be flexible to travel, both locally & internationally.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com Please insert job title in the subject line.
Ace Express Freight is an Equal Opportunities Employer