Reporting to: Finance ManagerLocation: Blake’s Cross, Lusk, Co Dublin.
Ace Express Freight are a global freight forwarding company with more than 30 years’ experience and a network of world-class partners.
We are proud to have been awarded the Deloitte ‘Ireland’s Best Managed Company’ accolade for 12 years in a row, a testimony to our culture of continuous improvement, our investment in our people, and our philosophy of going the extra mile for our customers.
This is an opportunity to work in a busy finance function environment. The main responsibilities for this role include managing accounts receivable ledgers and effecting cash realisation. This will be a challenging robust but rewarding environment with an emphasis on personal development.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for collection of monies from customers and managing the debtors ledger and related credit risk.
- Targeted reductions in debtors days o/s and reducing overdue balances.
- Credit checks of new clients, managing risk through appropriate credit limits and use of prepay online portal.
- Assist with processing invoices and liaising with operations on invoices queries.
- Escalating key matters to the Finance Manager where required and resolving queried accounts
- Communicating well with the Sales, Operations and Customer Support teams.
- To support the Customs billing, VAT + Duty billing and collection of monies.
- Responding to and resolving customer queries within agreed timelines
- Account Maintenance
- Processing of credit notes
- Management of the order hold function
- Weekly and monthly reporting as required.
- Other ad-hoc duties and reports as required.
- Ad-hoc finance projects as they arise.
- To support the development & implementation of initiatives that will enhance the overall efficient operation of the finance function.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years minimum credit control experience in a busy office environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload, self-motivated and driven. Ability to manage tasks and people.
- Professional approach in all aspects of the role and ability to follow through on queries until resolution is achieved.Strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent verbal and written English.
- The ability to communicate effectively across all departments within the company.
- Excellent organisational and teamwork skills.
- Professional and focused approach, pro-active “Can Do” attitude.
- Good Microsoft Office Skills: with strong word and excel skills.
- Continuous strive for excellence through process improvement practices.
What we offer:
- Permanent contract
- Very competitive Salary: + very generous ‘Opportunity to Earn’ Bonus Scheme rewards (OTE)
- 21 days (Up to 2 additional days leave after 12 months)
- Company Pension
- Working Hours (08:30am to 5:30pm)
- Positive working environment with a vibrant atmosphere.
If you want to be part of the amazing Ace team and hold the required skillset & experience we are searching for then please apply today!
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please insert job title in the subject line.
Ace Express Freight is an Equal Opportunities Employer